subscribe to our blog
At least once a month, we’ll publish stories of our students’ journeys, events at the dojo, or in-depth analyses of techniques. Subscribing to our blog is a great way to get to know our dojo community of students and instructors!
How Do I Tie My Belt?
Tying our belts is an important task in the martial arts. It signifies that we’re ready to learn, work out, and have fun together. Learning to tie our belts can be a little tricky, but with Shaolin patience, discipline, and a bit of practice, you can do it!
Here’s a short reminder of how to tie your belt.
1) Place the center of the belt on your stomach, just over the navel.
2) Wrap the belt around the back, cross the ends behind you and bring them to the front again, holding one side in each hand.
3) Cross the side that’s in your left hand over the right, then loop the end under both layers of your belt. Pull the ends so the belt is snug.
4) Now cross the side that’s in your right hand over the left and tuck the end up through the center of the loop made by crossing the two sides.
5) Put one hand on each end of the belt and pull it snug.
Download our handy guide HERE!